Apple Digital Masters - How To Get Your Song In The Apple Digital Master Section Of iTunes
Apple's initiative for delivering high-quality audio to its listeners has been rebranded from 'Mastered For iTunes' to 'Apple Digital Masters'.
What Is Apple Digital Masters?
Apple Digital Masters is a section in the iTunes store. The music in this section has been through a quality control process to improve the sonics of the audio.
The Apple Digital Masters incentive is also an opportunity for songwriters. The platform allows artists to deliver their music in the highest possible quality.
How the Apple Digital Masters initiative can improve your music ?
How can I get my track in the Apple Digital Masters section on iTunes?
What's changed Since MFiT?
- Starting August 7, 2019, the new branding will be featured on iTunes and Apple Music, and all Mastered for iTunes content will be badged as Apple Digital Masters.
- The Mastered for iTunes webpage has been updated and has a new URL.
- The AURoundTripAAC plug-in, afconvert, and afclip are now automatically included in macOS — there is no need to update the current tools.
What is staying the same?
- Engineers and studios are still on the MFiT Providers List. (However, it’s now called the Apple Digital Masters Providers List.)
- The delivery requirements have not changed. All sources and masters must still be at 24-bit resolution with a minimum sample rate of 44.1 kHz.
- The native resolution of the project should be maintained. Please do not SRC higher sample rates.
- All masters must still be auditioned using the Apple AAC encoder.
- All of the MFiT Software tools are still valid.